About Me

Wednesday 18 March 2015

Be Grateful

Hi everyone,

So when I was writing my most recent post ‘top tips’ it got me thinking about things that I’m grateful for and things that I perhaps take for granted. We all do it, we are surrounded by things we should be proud and thankful for but instead, we choose to focus on the negatives in our lives. So I thought I’d take the time to share with you somethings that I’m grateful for in the hope that you will perhaps think about yours and focus on that instead.

One:
Firstly, and probably my most important is, Family. I am so grateful to have a young, fit and healthy family that all get along. It breaks my heart when I hear that people have lost loved ones or have fallen out with family over something small... I am happy that I have a mum as a best friend, a dad who I look up too for his hard work and confidence and a brother who I actually get along with (most of the time). But family to me isn’t just about my blood relations, they are important to me but equally so are my closest friends. I would class my best friend as family as I know that she carries all the paradigms of a sister. So whether you have blood relations or simply just a best friend, there will always be someone in your life to be grateful for: even if you don’t recognise it straight away.

Two:
Secondly I am thankful for good health. I hear on the news all the time about life threatening illnesses or people falling ill and having to raise money for life changing operations. I am aware that a life threatening illness could strike at anytime so for now, I am again just grateful for the good health my family and I have.

Three:
Third in the list is education… I moan about having to go to school day in and day out but really I don’t know what I would have done without it. By going to school I haven’t just learnt the basics such as how to read and write, I have learnt life lessons and morals that have made me a better person. Seeing countries where education isn’t an option really makes me thankful for the education system we have in place here and how brilliant it is, in comparison.

Four:
Number four is soppy but as well as my family I am extremely grateful for my boyfriend. He’s with me through thick and thin and without him I would have found the past few months very difficult. He makes me extremely happy and can make me laugh in a way that no one else is able to do. He has a kind heart and simply being around him makes me a better person. Having positive people in your life have a big impact on the way you view things. So I am grateful for having him.

Five:
Next on the list is having a choice. This is something I don’t really think about a lot, and wasn’t going to include it, but really it’s such a big thing! I have the choice to do pretty much anything (within reason). If I worked hard enough I can be in whatever job I want… I can dress however I want… I can choose what I want to do. I think that many of us don’t put it into perspective enough and realise how grateful we should be for that opportunity.

Six:
Finally I am grateful for being able to blog and share with you all how I’m feeling. Even though at the moment it’s only to a few of you, if any, it’s still comfort to know that I could be helping people de-stress and make you appreciate what you've got.


If you are ever in a situation where you can only see the down side, take a minute to think about all the things you are grateful for. It helps…


Me and my Boyfriend Jack                             Me, my half sisters, brother and dad

Lots of Love
Ellie x 


Lets be grateful for the people who make us happy, they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom.- Marcel Proust.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com